Top 10 Sci-fi movies from the 2010s:

Whenever we watch a Sci fi movie, a really good one, we only have one reaction, "What the f**k is happening." With world class vfx effects and amazing science stuff these movies are making us crazy every time we watch them.

Therefore, in this article I will be making a list on the top 10 best sci-fi movies from the last decade. So, without wasting any time just buckle your seat belt up because the journey is going to begin:

10. Star Wars The Last Jedi:


Star Wars The Last Jedi is the second last film of the Star Wars Saga. Star Wars has turned the genre of Sci-fi to a whole new level. In this part, Rey will undergo a training under Luke to become a Jedi.

Cast: Daisy Ridley, Mark Hamill, Adam Driver, Carrie Fisher.

Director: Rian Johnson.

Famous Quote: "When I found you, I saw raw, untamed power, and beyond that, something truly special."


9. Edge of Tomorrow:



Edge of tomorrow is an action packed sci-fi film released in 2014. In this movie there is a soldier who is living the same day over and over again whenever he dies until the time he will defeat the aliens.

Cast: Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, Bill Paxton, Noah Taylor.

Director: Doug Liman.

Famous Quote: "For me, it's been an eternity."

8. Ex Machina:



Ex Machina is a sci-fi thriller which was released in 2014. This movie main focuses on a young programmer who is going to be a  part of scientific experiment related to A.I., and wierd stuff goes on.

Cast: Oscar Issac, Alicia Vikander, Domhnall Gleeson, Claire Shelby.

Director: Alex Garland.

Famous Quote: "It's funny. You know. No matter how rich you get, shit goes wrong. You can't insulate yourself from it. I used to think it was death and taxes you couldn't avoid, but it's actually death and shit."

7. Her:



Her is a little different movie because it's not a sci-fi/thriller or a sci-fi/action film. It's a sci-fi/romance film. It mainly focuses on an aspiring writer who buys an Artificial Intelligence technology to help him write but things take a turn when he falls in love with that A.I.

Cast: Joaquin Phoenix, Scarlett Johansson, Spike Jonze, Amy Adams.

Director: Spike Jonze.

Famous Quote: "You know what's Interesting? I used to be..so worried about not having a body,but now I.. I truly love it. You know, I'm growing in a way I couldn't if I had a physical form. I mean, I'm not limited. I can be anywhere and everywhere simultaneously. I'm not tethered to time and space in a way that I would be if I was stuck in a body that's inevitably gonna die."

6. Blade Runner 2049:



Blade Runner 2049 is a part of the film series Blade Runner. In this movie, a new Blade Runner K tries to find out former Blade Runner Rick who's been missing for the last 30 years.

Cast: Ryan Gosling, Ana de Armas, Harrison Ford, Jared Leto.

Director: Denis Villeneuve.

Famous Quote: "Sometimes to love someone, you got to be a stranger."

5. Annihilation:



Annihilation is a sci-fi/horror film which was released in 2018. This movie showcases a story of a biologist and a former soldier who joins a mission to uncover a mysterious and sinister land called Area X expanding along the coastline.

Cast: Natalie Portman, Gina Rodriguez, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tessa Thompson.

Director: Alex Garland.

Famous Quote: “That’s how the madness of the world tries to colonize you: from the outside in, forcing you to live in its reality.”

4. Arrival:



Arrival is a sci-fi/thriller released on 2016. This movie is based on a short story "Story of your Life" by Ted Chiang. The film focuses on how the US Army will communicate with the Extraterrestrial Aliens who have arrived on Earth before the situation gets worse and lead to war.

Cast: Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, Forest Whitaker, Michael Stuhlbarg.

Director: Denis Villeneuve.

Famous Quote: "Despite knowing the journey... and where it leads... I embrace it... and I welcome every moment of it."

3. Inception:



Inception was one of the best movies from the last decade. With a very complex and interesting story along with a very strong cast and perfect direction, this movie had made it mark on Hollywood. I cannot say anything more about this movie but if you hadn't watched it please watch it.

Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy, Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Director: Christopher Nolan.

Famous Quote: "An idea is like a virus. Resilient. Highly contagious. And even the smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define or destroy you."

2. Gravity:



Gravity is a  sci-fi film released in 2013. The movie focuses on a  journey of an astronaut and an engineer who have to overcome all the challenges that she faces after the space station gets hit by high speed space debris.

Cast: Sandra Bullock, George Clooney, Ed Harris, Phaldut Sharma.

Director: Alfonso CuarĂ³n.

Famous Quote: "Alright the way I see it, there's only two possible outcomes. Either I make it down there in one piece and I have one hell of a story to tell, or I burn up in the next ten minutes. Either way whichever way, no harm no foul. Cause either way, it'll be one hell of a ride. I'm ready."

1. Interstellar:


Inception maybe one of the best movie from 2010s, but whenever it comes about Science fiction Interstellar will always come in our mind. With mind blowing sci-fi effects and Christopher Nolan highly efficient brain this movie got the number one spot on this list.

Cast: Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain.

Director: Christopher Nolan.

Famous Quote: "We used to look up at the sky and wonder at our place in the stars, now we just look down and worry about our place in the dirt."

This was my list of the top 10 sci-fi movies from the last decade. I have tried to insert all the movies in my list who deserves a spot. But, nonetheless I hope you enjoyed reading my article.

If you have any problem with the list don't forget to leave a comment. You can also read my other articles if you want to read.

Thanks for reading.



Comments

Post a Comment

If you have any doubts, please let me know..

Popular posts from this blog

Top 25 Movies to Watch During this quarantine period:

Top 10 Most Popular Cartoon Character of All time:

Top 10 Action Movies of the 2010s